- This event has passed.
West TN Parent-2-Parent
March 26, 2015 @ 8:00 am - March 27, 2015 @ 5:00 pmFree
Parent-to-Parent is an 18 hour training targeting parents and professionals who want to learn more about the various child-serving systems and to provide information and support to other parents and families in Tennessee. It can also be used as a pre-requisite course to receive certification for the Certified Family Support Specialist through the Tennessee Department of Mental Health. There is no cost for the training; each attendee will receive a notebook of resources, handouts, materials, and a certificate of attendance. Parent 2 Parent Advocacy Training provides the following:
• Understanding System of Care philosophy and TVC services
• Having a better understanding of Mental Health Disorders that affect children and adolescents
• Knowing how to access both private and public mental health systems
• Being able to help another parent via phone to strategize meeting his/her child’s needs and access services
• Meeting with parents to review IEPs and plan strategy for meetings
• Attending IEP meetings as an observer
• Encouraging the beginnings of and/or holding a support group in your area
Dates and Locations:
West TN — March 26-27, 2015, Time TBD @ TBD
For more information regarding the trainings listed, please contact Annette Dupree-Sanders at email@example.com or (615) 269-7751 ext.116.