- This event has passed.
Parent 2 Parent Training
December 4, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Ever need someone in your corner when you’re dealing with your child’s IEPs and 504 Behavior Plans? Our advocates are here to help! We will walk you through the process and offer support and training.
Parent 2 Parent will help you understand:
- System of Care
- Mental health, school, juvenile justice, and insurance systems
- Mental health disorders, behavior, and effective discipline strategies with children and youth
- How to find resources in your community
- The special education process and how to advocate for children and youth within that system
- How to feel prepared to use your best communication skills when advocating and partnering with families in need
- How to feel prepared to run or co-facilitate a parent support group
*There is no cost to attend this program. Participants must attend both days of training to receive credit for the training.